GENERAL TERMS OF SALE (French hotel)
- The terms below are defined to have the following meaning in these General Terms (hereinafter referred to as "General Terms"):
- "Customer or Customers": designates any natural or legal person or persons who make(s) a reservation and/or register(s).
- "Check-in": designates the registration or check-in at the Hotel reception upon arrival.
- "Costs of the Stay": includes the price of the room and taxes (tourist tax not included).
- "Hotel": designates the hotel managed by TOYOKO INN FRANCE under the Toyoko Inn Marseille Saint Charles brand, located at 25 Avenue Général Leclerc, 13003 Marseille.
- "Rate Offer": designates the rates that apply to a Reservation according to the payment method chosen by the Customer.
- "Hotel Rules and Regulations": refers to the provisions of the following link.Hotel Rules and Regulations
- "Reservation": generally designates any reservation of a room or rooms at the Hotel made by the Customer via the Site (as defined below), by telephone or in person at the Hotel.
- "Online Reservation": designates any online reservation of a room or rooms at the Hotel made by the Customer via the Site (as defined below).
- "Services": designates any services that may be provided by TOYOKO INN FRANCE as part of the stay.
- "Site": designates the website of Toyoko Inn Co., Ltd., https://www.toyoko-inn.com, which enables the Reservation of rooms at the Hotel managed by TOYOKO INN FRANCE and which is accessible at the following address: 25 Avenue du Général Leclerc, 13003 Marseille.
- "TOYOKO INN FRANCE": designates TOYOKO INN FRANCE, a French simplified joint-stock company with capital of 2,000,000 euros, whose head office is located at 25 Avenue Général Leclerc, 13003 Marseille, listed on the Marseille Companies and Trade Register under number 801588286.
- 2.1 These General Terms are intended to define the contractual framework that is applicable for any Reservation of a room or rooms, as well as any Services ordered by the Customer, for his/her personal use.
- 2.2 These General Terms constitute the entire set of contractual provisions governing the relationship between the Hotel and the Customer.
- 2.3 Completion of the Reservation process implies the total and unreserved acceptance by the Customer of the General Terms which is communicated to the Customer at the time of Online Reservation or at the time of Check-in for reservations made by telephone or in person at the Hotel.
III. ONLINE RESERVATION VIA THE SITE
- 3.1 All Online Reservations shall imply that the Customer has consulted and accepted the General Terms, given in French and other languages, without reservation.
- 3.2 The Site displays to the Customer, clearly and in detail, the essential characteristics of the rooms offered by the Hotel, the Rate Offer, and the dates of availability.
- 3.3 The Site displays the following information to the Customer:
- essential characteristics of the rooms offered,
- Services offered,
- Rate Offer,
- payment methods,
- accepted credit/debit cards,
- and for all limited-time offers on discounted rates, the period of validity for the Rate Offer.
- 3.4 All Online Reservations require completion of the following steps:
- Step 1： the Customer selects his/her choice of room(s), date(s), rate and, where appropriate, one or more Services, as well as the number of room occupants;
- Step 2： the Customer enters his/her full name, email address, telephone number, and billing address;
- Step 3： the Customer checks the details of his/her reservation via a summary that presents his/her choices and the total price of the selected room(s); The Customer can change the reservation during this step;
- Step 5： the Customer fills in the required bank/debit card numbers and expiry date to guarantee the reservation;
- Step 6： the Customer confirms the reservation.
- 3.5 After the Customer confirms his/her Online Reservation, TOYOKO INN FRANCE shall confirm the reservation request by sending a confirmation email for this purpose to the email address provided by the Customer. This confirmation message will specify the Rate Offer selected, the Services reserved, the rates, the reservation dates, the process for cancelling and modifying the reservation, as well as the Hotel's contact details which the Customer can use to submit a complaint.
- 3.6 Such confirmation is deemed to represent the agreement between TOYOKO INN FRANCE and the Customer. The reserved stay is obtained by the Customer once the latter has received the Online Reservation confirmation message from TOYOKO INN FRANCE.
- 3.7 The Customer may reserve a maximum of nine (9) rooms via Online Reservation.
- 3.8 The Customer's provision of their bank details shall be used in order to guarantee their Online Reservation, as well as to guarantee cancellation fees, no-shows on the part of the Customer, and any potential repair costs owed to the Hotel.
- 3.9 The validity of the Customer's credit/debit card shall be verified by his/her third party payment providers at the end of the Customer's Online Reservation. In case of refusal of the credit/debit card at this stage (blocked card, entry error, refusal of banking authorisation, etc.), the reservation cannot be confirmed by TOYOKO INN FRANCE. The Customer will have to proceed to a new reservation with a valid credit/debit card if they wish to reserve online.
IV. CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND COMPLAINTS
Any complaint relating to the Reservation can be made by telephone on +33 (0)4 26 87 10 45.
V. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- 5.1 Rate Offers
- All Rate Offers are in Euros with all taxes included, with the exception of tourist taxes that are charged to the Customer at the time of their stay at the Hotel, on the basis of the amounts applicable on that date.
- Rate Offers apply by room, for the number of people mentioned, and on the date(s) selected by the Customer.
- 5.2 Payment
- Payment of Reservations and Services takes place when the Customer checks in at the Hotel. The Customer is obligated to pay all related costs upon arrival in cash (Euros) or by credit/debit card.
- The credit/debit card used during Check-in may be different from that entered during the Reservation process.
VI. MODIFICATION/CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER
6.1 Cancellation terms and procedures for Reservations are determined as follows:
|No-show on the part of the Customer||Cancellation by the Customer on the date of stay||Cancellation by the Customer the day before the date of stay||Cancellation by the Customer 2 to 6 days before the date of stay||Cancellation by the Customer 7 days before the date of stay|
Reservation of 1 to 9 rooms
|100%||Up to 4 pm: 0%
After 4 pm: 100%※1
Reservation of 10 rooms or more
※1 CET (Central European Time)
- 6.2 The terms and procedures for cancelling and modifying a Reservation will also be stipulated when the confirmation of reservation is sent by TOYOKO INN FRANCE to the Customer for Online Reservations, and, for reservations made by telephone or in person at the Hotel, said terms and procedures will be communicated at the time of the reservation.
- 6.3 Reservations can be changed or cancelled either on the Site or by telephone on +33 (0)4 26 87 10 45.
- 6.4 In the event that a stay is interrupted by the Customer after he/she has checked in, or due to their delayed arrival or early departure, the full Costs of the Stay shall be collected by TOYOKO INN FRANCE. No reimbursement shall be made in this case.
- 6.5 In the event that the Customer fails to arrive on the date scheduled by the Reservation, with no prior request for cancellation or modification on the part of the Customer in accordance with the procedures laid down to this effect (no-show), the full Costs of the Stay shall be considered as due, and they shall be legitimately collected by the Hotel. No reimbursement shall be made in this case as well.
- 7.1 Registration card
- Customers who are foreign visitors, including EU citizens travelling alone or in a group, must provide the Hotel, upon arrival, with the necessary personal data during the check-in process. This will be carried out by completing an individual police form, or "hotel registration card" (fiche d’hôtel), whose template has been set by joint order issued by France´s Minister of the Interior and the Minister responsible for Immigration and Tourism. This registration card is given to French and foreign customers upon their arrival, with the understanding that it is optional for French nationals.
- The registration card must be available in French and English, with possible Japanese translation, and will be dated and signed by the Customer.
- The Hotel will clearly explain to the Customer that the card in question is required under the provisions of article R. 611-42 of France's Code for Entry and Residence of Foreigners and Right of Asylum (CESEDA), and for purposes of preventing the disruption of public order, criminal investigations, and research in the interests of the people.
- It should contain the following information:
- - the Customer's full name,
- - their date and place of birth,
- - their address,
- - their nationality,
- - their mobile telephone number and email address,
- - their accommodation dates, time of arrival, and the date and time of their scheduled departure.
- One registration card per occupant must be completed.
Children under the age of 15 may be included on the registration card of the adult who accompanies them.
- The hotel registration card will be kept by the Hotel for 6 months and will be only transmitted to the police or gendarmerie at request of the latter, in compliance with applicable regulations.
TOYOKO INN FRANCE may decide to write the Customer's details, provided during the Reservation process, on the hotel registration card, in which case the Customer will only be asked to confirm the details and to sign the card upon check-in at the Hotel.
- 7.2 The Hotel may also ask the Customer to give his/her loyalty card number, as well as other personal information in order to provide the necessary services. The personal data collected and processed in this context will be in compliance with the provisions of article VIII below, entitled "Right to privacy and protection of personal data."
- 7.3 The Customer is obligated to pay the Costs of the Stay upon Check-in at the Hotel.
- 7.4 The Customer will be subject to the provisions of the Hotel Rules and Regulations upon Check-in at the Hotel. Such Hotel Rules and Regulations will be displayed in a clear manner at the Hotel for the information of the Customer.
VIII. RIGHT TO PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
IX. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- 9.1 The name, brand, domain name, and all the elements and content appearing on the Site, are the exclusive property of the companies TOYOKO INN CO., LTD and TOYOKO INN INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, and are protected, throughout the world, with regard to copyright and intellectual property.
- 9.2 Their reproduction, or partial reproduction, is strictly prohibited, unless the express prior permission of TOYOKO INN CO., LTD. or TOYOKO INN INTERNATIONAL LIMITED has been obtained.
- 9.3 Any reproduction or other use constitutes an infringement of copyright and will be penalised by the Intellectual Property Code, unless expressly authorised beforehand by TOYOKO INN CO., LTD. or TOYOKO INN INTERNATIONAL LIMITED.
- 10.1 TOYOKO INN FRANCE makes every effort to ensure that all images, texts and information presented on its Site give as accurate an impression as possible of the accommodation and services offered by the Hotel. However, these pieces of information are merely indicative. Some differences may occur due to potential changes in furnishings, or renovations. The Customer may not claim any compensation in the event of differences, so long as they do not affect the essential characteristics of the services provided by the Hotel.
- 10.2 TOYOKO INN FRANCE cannot be held responsible for non-fulfilment or poor execution of a Reservation or all or part of its obligations in the event of force majeure, relating to the Customer, or to third parties, such as the unavailability of the Internet or telephone networks, impossibility of access to the Site, hacking or computer viruses.
Force majeure means any unforeseen, insurmountable, and external event that might prevent TOYOKO INN FRANCE from fulfilling all or part of its obligations. Its obligations will be suspended for the duration of the occurrence of the force majeure.
- 11.1 The General Terms are subject to French law.
- 11.2 In the event of a dispute between TOYOKO INN FRANCE and a Customer who has entered into the contract for purposes not within the context of a commercial, industrial, craft or self-employed professional activity, and if an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the Customer shall be informed that a mediation procedure is available through the French Mediator for Tourism and Travel, who can be contacted via its website: www.mtv.travel.
The Customer is expressly informed that he/she can also use the claims resolution platform of the European Commission: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/
- 11.3 Any disputes arising in relation to these General Terms, regarding their validity, interpretation, execution, or their termination, consequences and subsequent issues, fall under the jurisdiction of the competent French courts according to general law.