- Toyoko Inn - Home
- Find a hotel
- Toyoko Inn Cebu
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS(Philippines hotel)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS(Philippines hotel)
Scope of Application
- Contracts for accommodation and related agreements entered into between this hotel and the guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these terms and conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In cases in which the hotel has entered into a special contract with the guest insofar as this special contract does not violate any laws, regulations, or generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these terms and conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
- A guest who intends to make an application for an accommodation contract with the hotel shall notify the hotel of the following particulars:
- Name of the guest(s);
- Dates of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- Accommodation charges (based, in principle, on the basic accommodation charges listed in Appendix Table 1); and
- Any other particulars deemed necessary by the hotel.
- In cases in which the guest requests, during his or her stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph ii of Paragraph 1, such request shall be regarded as an application for a new accommodation contract at the time such request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
- A contract for accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in Article 2.
However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a contract for accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1, the guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the hotel within the limits of basic accommodation charges covering the guest's entire period of stay (and 3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the hotel.
- The deposit shall be used: first, for the total accommodation charges to be paid by the Guest; second, for the cancellation charges under Article 6; and third, for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable. The remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the accommodation charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the hotel shall treat the accommodation contract as invalid.
However, the same shall apply only in cases in which the guest is thus informed by the hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of Article 3, the hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same paragraph.
- In cases in which the hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an accommodation contract has been accepted, the situation shall be treated as if the hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in Paragraph 1.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
- The hotel may refuse to accept the conclusion of an accommodation contract to a party under any of the following conditions:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these terms and conditions;
- When the hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- When the party is deemed liable to conduct itself in a manner that will contravene laws or may act against or pose risks to the public order, safety or morality.
- When the party seeking accommodation is a corporation or other organization whose activities are controlled by an organized criminal enterprise, or a member of such an enterprise;
- When the party seeking accommodation is a corporation and any of its directors is deemed to be a member of an organized criminal enterprise;
- When the party seeking accommodation presents danger of engaging in violence or intimidation, making threat or unreasonable demands, gambling, possessing or using prohibited drugs, or conducting itself in a manner that would create a disturbance that would annoy other guests, contravene laws, or act against public order or standards of decency, in regard to its accommodation in the hotel;
- When the party seeking accommodation can be clearly seen to have an infectious disease:
- When the hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden with regard to the party's accommodation; When the hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of the facilities, and/or for other unavoidable reasons; and/or When the party is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted itself in a manner that would create a disturbance that would annoy other guests.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
- The guest is entitled to cancel the accommodation contract by so notifying the hotel.
- If the guest has cancelled the accommodation contract in whole or in part for reasons for which the guest is liable (except when the hotel has requested payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3, and the guest has cancelled before payment), the guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in Appendix Table 2. However, when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the guest has been informed of the obligation to pay the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the guest.
- If the guest does not appear by the expected time of arrival without giving advance notice, the hotel may regard the accommodation contract as being cancelled by the guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
- The hotel may cancel the accommodation contract under any of the following circumstances:
- When the guest is deemed to present a danger of engaging in violence or intimidation, making threats or unreasonable demands, gambling, possessing or using prohibited drugs, or conducting himself or herself in a manner that would create a disturbance that would annoy other guests or contravene laws or act against public order or standards of decency, with regard to his or her accommodation or in the hotel;
- When the guest has or is suspected of having an infectious disease;
- When the hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden with regard to the guest's accommodation;
- When the hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
- When the guest is deemed to present a danger of causing great annoyance to other guests or has conducted himself or herself in a manner that has created a disturbance that has annoyed other guests; and/or
- When the guest does not refrain from prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, damaging firefighting facilities, and contravening other prohibitions of the use regulations stipulated by the hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of fires).
- If the hotel has cancelled the accommodation contract in accordance with Paragraph 1, the hotel shall not be entitled to charge the guest for any of the services in the future of the contractual period that the guest has not received.
- The guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the hotel on the day of checking in to the hotel:
- Name, age, sex, address, and occupation of the guest(s); Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry to the Philippines for foreign nationals who do not have resident registration in the Philippines(and a copy of the passport will be made for confirmation); Date and estimated time of departure; and Other particulars deemed necessary by the hotel.
- If the guest intends to pay for his accommodation charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Philippine currency, such as by using hotel vouchers or credit cards, such credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in Paragraph 1.
Guest Room Occupancy Hours
- The guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guestroom in the hotel from 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. the next morning.
- The hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in Paragraph 1, permit the guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same paragraph. In such case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
- Until 2 p.m.: P500 (plus applicable tax) per hour; and
- After 2 p.m.: room charge in full.
Observance of Use Regulations
- The guest shall observe the use regulations established by the hotel, which are posted on the premises of the hotel.
- The business hours of the main facilities, etc., of the hotel are as follows in principle, and those of other facilities, etc., shall be outlined in detail in provided brochures, with notices displayed in each relevant location, service directories in guestrooms, and elsewhere.
- Service hours of the front desk
- Closing time for entrance and lobby：None
- Front desk service：24 hours
- Service hours of the front desk
- The service hours specified in Paragraph 1 are subject to change for unavoidable reasons. In such cases, guests shall be notified by appropriate means.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
- The breakdown and method of calculation of accommodation charges, etc., that the guest shall pay are listed in Appendix Table 1.
- Accommodation charges, etc. as stated in Paragraph 1 shall be paid for with Philippine currency or by any means other than Philippine currency, such as hotel vouchers or credit cards recognized by the hotel, at the front desk at the time of the guest’s arrival.
- Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the guest voluntarily fails to utilize the accommodation facilities that are provided by the hotel and are at his or her disposal.
Liabilities of the Hotel
- The hotel shall compensate the guest for damage within the limits of the accommodation charges for one day if the hotel has directly caused damage to the guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the accommodation contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases in which such damage has been caused for reasons for which the hotel is not liable.
Handling When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
- The hotel shall, when it is unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the guest insofar as is practicable with the consent of the guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
- The hotel shall compensate the guest for damage when loss, breakage, or other damage is caused to goods, cash, or valuables deposited at the front desk by the guest, except in cases in which this has occurred for reasons of force majeure. However, with regard to cash and valuables, when the guest has not reported the kind and value thereof, the hotel shall compensate the guest up to a total limit of 15,000 pesos.
- The hotel shall not compensate the guest for damage when loss, breakage, or other damage is caused, unless it is otherwise determined to be the result of intention or negligence on the part of the hotel, to goods, cash, or valuables that are brought onto the premises of the hotel by the guest but are not deposited at the front desk.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
- When the guest’s luggage is brought to the hotel before arrival, the hotel shall be liable for keeping it only if a request to do so has been accepted by the hotel. The luggage shall be handed over to the guest at the front desk at the time of checking in.
- When luggage or belongings of a guest are found to have been left at the hotel after checkout and no instructions have been given by their owner or their owner cannot be identified, the luggage or belongings shall be kept at the hotel for 14 days, including the day upon which they are found. Thereafter, the hotel shall turn cash and valuables over to the nearest police station and dispose of other goods. (Food, drinks, and magazines shall be disposed of on the first day.)
Liability with Regard to Parking
- The hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the guest when the guest utilizes the parking lot on the premises of the hotel, as it shall be considered that the hotel simply offers the space for parking, regardless of whether or not a car key has been deposited at the hotel.
Liability of the Guest
- The guest shall compensate the hotel for damages caused intentionally or through negligence on the part of the guest.
|Total amount to be paid by the
Note1．Basic Accommodation Charge is determined based on the tariffs listed in the front office.
|Date of notification of cancellation of contract||No show||Day of arrival||1 day prior to day of arrival||From 2 days to 6 days prior to day of arrival||7 days prior to day of arrival|
|Contracted number of rooms|
|Individual||1 to 9||100%||50-100%*1|
|Group||10 or more||100%||100%||50%||30%||10%|
*1 Day of arrival until to 4 p.m.: 0% Until 10 p.m.: 50% After 10 p.m.: 100%
- The percentage signifies the rate of cancellation charge relative to the basic accommodation charge.
- When the number of days contracted is reduced, the cancellation charge for the first day shall be paid by the guest regardless of how many days have been reduced from the number of days originally contracted.
- When part of a group booking (for 10 rooms or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for a number of rooms equivalent to 10% of the number of rooms booked as of 7 days prior to occupancy (when accepted less than 7 days prior to occupancy), rounded up to the next whole amount.
- Regarding the group specified in Paragraph 3, the stipulations of Paragraph 3 shall not apply if a Memorandum on Group Reservation or similar agreement has been concluded separately.